Saturday, September 20, 2008

Taking a step back in time


I, Mike, had the chance to go on a 2-week trip to China and visit a country of mystery, progress and darkness. Along with Mark and Brett, two members of NRBC, I went to visit a friend who teaches English in a university in Yunnan Province. It was 12 days of action-packed adventures that left my mind spinning with the cultural differences as well as the opportunities to minister to some very needy and searching people. I wish I could tell you more on this site, but security demands that I be brief and concise.


Regardless, during the trip we also visited a spot on this globe which I'd hoped to visit many years ago. About 15 years ago, I was sitting in my sister's house in Michigan, looking at a picture book of beautiful places on this earth. One place caught my attention, and lodged a longing in my heart to go and see this unique place on God's green earth. Little did I know that I would actually get the chance to visit. Well, this trip was that dream come true for me. I wish I could adequately my thanksgiving to God for giving me so many of my wants as well as supplying all of my needs.


In the meantime, things progress at home with a busy fall season, sports schedules, school, church growth, etc. Noel continues to work hard in a struggling real estate market; her niche has been to help young couples, first time home buyers, go through he intimidating process of securing that first big purchase of life.


Hope you are doing well and growing in God's grace. Enjoy the pictures below!


For Christ's sake,


MJD,Sr.

No comments: