Saturday, June 2, 2007

A week of memory and preparation


This week started off with a great series of meetings during the church services of Northern Ridge Baptist Church. Sunday morning's text was Galatians 2:20 - "I am crucified with Christ..." It was a blessing to be in God's house! It was a blessing to be with God's people on Monday, Memorial Day. My Mom and Dad hosted a Memorial Day brunch for our church family. You can see pictures of Dongjoon, Minsook and Olivia as well as some members of the Broadworth family in the pictures below. Memorial Day is a special day for me, Mike, because my Grandpa Norden was a veteran of WWII. I have his army jacket framed and hanging in my study at home. I also received good news about my application to become a chaplain with the Colorado Air National Guard. I will be going down to MEPS in a couple of weeks for a physical to see if my 42-year old body will stand up to the rigors of the military reserves. Please pray for that appointment.

This week, Ivy's soccer team played a "playoff game" to advance to next year's "competitive" level of competition. They won the game, 2-1. Ivy scored the game winning goal; she recieved a beautiful cross from a teammate and slid to kick the ball in at the opposite post. It was really exciting! She is in tryouts now for next year's team. Michael also had tryouts for his little league baseball. Michael is a very big 10-year old. His fielding and throwing skills are average, but he can absolutely crush the ball. He hit the ball at leats twice as long as the longest hit by any other boy trying out. It will be fun to watch him play this summer.

Noel has spent the last several weeks holed up and studying to become a licensed real estate agent. She passed all the preliminary tests and is now, as I write, down in Denver taking the state exam. We all hope she passes so we can get our Wife/Mom back. She is excited about a new career as a real estate agent; we are excited for her!

Trust you have had a great week for Christ's sake,

MJD,Sr.

No comments: